Hi all,

I am building some CRUD pages for a Pyramid web app, and encountered some
(from my point of view as a SQLAlchemy novice) strange behaviour. The UI
sends an ID and inside the controller I'd like to delete the corresponding
record. I use SQL expressions inside a session for this. The delete
statement is correctly built and executed, but the record is still in the
database.
A code snippet to test this follows. I have 7 records in the DB, and the
first count says 7. After the delete, the count correctly says 6, but still
the db has 7 records. Even an explicit transaction.commit() does not help.

    DbSession =
scoped_session(sessionmaker(extension=ZopeTransactionExtension()))
    sess = DbSession()
    qry = select([func.count(trm.c.id)])
    total = sess.execute(qry).scalar()
    print "Total:", total

    qdel = trm.delete().where(trm.c.id == 1)
    sess.execute(qdel)

    total = sess.execute(qry).scalar()
    print "Total:", total

    transaction.commit()

Hopefully, anybody here can help me out. Thanks in advance.
Dirk