its not clear to me that we're continuously tweaking things to suit new
releases, as much as the PG folks considered the query we had in place to be
incorrect in the first place (there's a thread somewhere to this effect I'd
have to search for).   The info schema views can't be relied upon 100% in any
case as we need enums and domains too, they are still specific to PG (we tried,
years ago, to share the same info schema tables with MS SQL and PG - there's no
chance of that, they are still vendor-specific in a big way), and I'm not sure
how their performance can be improved if they rely upon very awkward views on
top of PG tables that aren't at all in the same structure.

It would also have to be re-established what the performance issues were in the
first place with our old reflection code - someone would need to pull up old
0.2 or 0.3 code, whenever it was, see what we were doing, re-analyze all the
issues involved, etc.