I don't know what icu_load_collation is, but SQLite's documentation points to
section 6.2, "Collation Sequence Examples" at
http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html which describes how to create tables with
certain collations.   There is also the COLLATE operator:
http://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html#collateop .  Built-in collations described
there include BINARY, NOCASE, and RTRIM, that's it.

Your first step is to determine exactly what SQL you'd like to emit against
your database using the "sqlite3" command line utility.  Once you've identified
the exact SQL conversation you'd like to have, it can be automated with
SQLAlchemy through various means, possible features here include the func
object as well as the "collate" function:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/core/expression_api.html#sqlalchemy.sql.expression.func
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/core/expression_api.html?highlight=collate#sqlalchemy.sql.expression.collate