The "_get_from_identity" method of "sqlalchemy.orm.query.Query" starts
like this:

    @classmethod
    def _get_from_identity(cls, session, key, passive):
        instance = session.identity_map.get(key)
        if instance:
            # ...

This is problematic for me since my model class is a dict-like node
(where dict access allows reaching down to children by name).  The
check "if isinstance" will therefore trigger "instance.keys()", which
is expensive.  Rather than adding a "__len__" method in my code, I'd
suggest the "_get_from_identity" implementation to check for "if
instance is not None" instead:

    @classmethod
    def _get_from_identity(cls, session, key, passive):
        instance = session.identity_map.get(key)
        if instance is not None:
            # ...

Thanks
Daniel