Hello,

thanks to the work of a lot of contributors I can announce the new
release 0.7.2 of sqlalchemy-migrate today. The release is available at
PyPI and our project page [1].

Starting with this release we use readthedocs.org to provide you with
online documentation [2].

We want to know about our users. I therefore wrote a mail [3] and hope
for your feedback.

Release Notes for sqlalchemy-migrate 0.7.2

Changes since 0.7.1
- -------------------

- - support for SQLAlchemy 0.5.x has been dropped
- - Python 2.6 is the minimum supported Python version

Documentation
*************

- - add credits for contributors
- - add glossary
- - improve advice on testing production changes
- - improve Sphinx markup
- - refine Database Schema Versioning texts, add example for
  adding/droping columns (#104)
- - add more developer related information
- - use sphinxcontrib.issuetracker to link to Google Code issue tracker

Features
********

- - improved PEP 8 compliance (#122)
- - optionally number versions with timestamps instead of sequences
  (partly pulled from Pete Keen)
- - allow descriptions in SQL change script filenames (by Pete Keen)
- - improved model generation

Fixed Bugs
**********

- - #83: api test downgrade/upgrade does not work with sql scripts
  (pulled from Yuen Ho Wong)
- - #105: passing a unicode string as the migrate repository fails (add
  regression test)
- - #113: make_update_script_for_model fails with AttributeError:
  'SchemaDiff' object has no attribute 'colDiffs' (patch by Jeremy
  Cantrell)
- - #118: upgrade and downgrade functions are reversed when using the
  command "make_update_script_for_model" (patch by Jeremy Cantrell)
- - #121: manage.py should use the "if __name__=='__main__'" trick
- - #123: column creation in make_update_script_for_model and required
  API change (by Gabriel de Perthuis)
- - #124: compare_model_to_db gets confused by sqlite_sequence (pulled
  from Dustin J. Mitchell)
- - #125: drop column does not work on persistent sqlite databases
  (pulled from Benoît Allard)
- - #128: table rename failure with sqlalchemy 0.7.x (patch by Mark
   McLoughlin)
- - #129: update documentation and help text (pulled from Yuen Ho Wong)

Help Wanted
===========

- - Triage bugs on the issue tracker [4] and provide patches as
  attachments or your own mercurial clones

- - Improve documentation, provide useful best practice documents, FAQ
  and more

- - We would like to have some logo artwork (under a free license)
  idealy as SVG. If you are a skilled graphics artists or know someone
  who is please feel free to help.

Credits
=======

Thanks for all contributors who made the release possible. People
contributing patches are mentioned above. A list of contributors can
be found at [5]. If you helped us in the past and miss your name there
please tell us about your contribution and we will add you to the
list.

Thanks to all bug reporters and people giving valuable feedback to the
migrate-users list and in #sqlalchemy-migrate on IRC.

Best Regards,
Jan Dittberner

[1]  http://code.google.com/p/sqlalchemy-migrate/
[2]  http://readthedocs.org/docs/sqlalchemy-migrate/en/v0.7.2/
[3]  http://groups.google.com/group/migrate-users/msg/f8b3848d6d4ae8d9
[4]  http://code.google.com/p/sqlalchemy-migrate/issues/list
[5]  http://readthedocs.org/docs/sqlalchemy-migrate/en/v0.7.2/credits.html

- --
Jan Dittberner - Debian Developer
GPG-key: 4096R/558FB8DD 2009-05-10
         B2FF 1D95 CE8F 7A22 DF4C  F09B A73E 0055 558F B8DD
http://www.dittberner.info/