There are certain properties that lazy=False or 'joined' makes some
sense.  But sometimes you don't want to load relationships.  In those
cases query.enable_eagerloads(False) is very useful.

However, often you do want to load *some* relationships, but the rest
you want "turned off" without having to enumerate them manually.  You
can't use enable_eagerloads(False) because there are a couple you want
to specify.

Have you considered a public query API for what is similar to the
framework's query._only_load_props, except that it would work off just
relationship properties (and leave column properties alone)?

I've come across this several times now and I find it awkward to need
to enumerate all the joined_loads and turn them off manually with
query.options(lazyload()).  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Kent