I am curious if Events (new feature as of 0.7) could be used to reduce
memory footprint in certain situations or is it better achieved with
other features such as lazy loading.

For example, consider a complex mapped object (containing at least one
related table). Using joinedload_all option, SQLAlchemy conveniently
produces complex object from the query but the entire object resides
in session for the duration of the processing, which could take a lot
of memory.

In situations where complex mapped objects can be output as soon as
they are retrieved from the database one could begin streaming the
output as soon as the containing object gets loaded. The full list of
contained objects also need not be kept in memory -- once a contained
object gets output it could be removed from the list.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.