Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to use Session.merge(o, load=False), on
an object which is not bound to a session (Session.remove() used after
the object was modified, but the changes were not commited).

When the object's state is modified (instance_state(o).modified ==
True) the session merge will fail with:

"merge() with load=False option does not support objects marked as
'dirty'.  flush() all changes on mapped instances before merging with
load=False."

So i need an rollback(o) on this object only. It might also be a good
idea to add an argument to merge() to do just that.

I need those objects to stay unbound. I cannot have a session pending,
it is a looong running task, which would block the table/row. Also the
object freshness is not important, I refresh() it periodically to
catch any updates.

sqla 0.7.3

Thanks for any help in advance.