Hi all,

We make heavy use of SqlAchemy in our app and use a custom 2-phase commit
protocol over HTTP to communicate
with mobile devices.

While all read,write,deletes happen in a first HTTP request, a subsequent
HTTP request needs to find the transaction and either commit or abort. i.e.,

request 1, start tx
read,write,deletes

request 2, find tx
commit or abort tx

There's no requirement per se for sesion objects to be migrated from one
thread to another one, but is it safe to save/pickle the SessionTransaction
object, until another request in another thread decides that all work done
should be committed or aborted ? If the SessionTransaction is unsuitable,
is there
another way to refer to an existing live transaction from a subsequent
request ?

We use the zodb transaction, zope.sqlalchemy, tm2 machinery at the moment,
so it's possibly to write our own TransactionManager, but the question is
really
on how do we find and resurrect an existing SA transaction.

Thanks for all your help,
Andronikos