Hello.

I'm having trouble mapping a relationship on a column_property.

A similar problem has been reported in an old post on this mailing list,
but with no answers:
http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/f7a13d9ca1494060/6fe890bb49c8dfa8#6fe890bb49c8dfa8

I have a column containing a code, a substring of this code refers to
another table's primary key.

I tried the following solutions, but none works:

1) "Naive" joining on the attributes:

Table1.rel_to_table2 = relationship(Table2,
        viewonly=True,
        uselist=False,
        primaryjoin=func.substring(Table1.code, 1, 3) == Table2.code)

2) Defining an intermediate column property:

Table1.table2_code = column_property(func.substring(Table1.col1, 1, 3))

Table1.rel_to_table2 = relationship(Table2,
        viewonly=True,
        uselist=False,
        primartyjoin=Table1.table2_code == Table2.code)

3) Adding a foreign_keys argument to the relationship, on the actual columns

This results in an error:

sqlalchemy/orm/properties.py", line 1458, in _refers_to_parent_table
    pt.is_derived_from(c.table) and \
AttributeError: 'Function' object has no attribute 'table'

Thank you!

--
Ronan Dunklau