*I have a many to many relationship between musician and genre indicating
that a particular musician performs in the style of a particular genre:
Musician -- musician_genre -- Genre

Musician and Genre are both versioned using VersionedMeta so it is easy for
me to display a history of the attributes for a particular record. The hard
part is displaying the history of the associations between them. For any
particular musician or genre, I want to be able to display the association
historically, for example:

Genere 17:
Time1: [Musician 12]
Time2: [Musician 12,  Musician 3, Musician 5]
Time3: [Musician 12, Musician 6]
etc...

Of course I would also want to perform the complimentary action:

Musician 8:
Time1: [Genre 8]
Time2: [Genre 8, Genre 17]
etc...

Approaches that seem bad to me:
1) Serializing a list of musician IDs directly attached to the genre object
and vice versa.
2) Using VersionedMeta on the association object, musician_genre.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I might accomplish this?

Thanks,
Michael*