I have an old version of elixir as well...

Something seems to have gone wrong with some entries, I try with different
entries and it works for most of them, but sometimes I'll get this error. I
have no idea what the difference could be though, they look exactly the
same as the working ones when looking in the db.

However, I thought that maybe it's better to just execute custom sql here,
since there are so many. Then maybe I don't have to populate the session
with 900 objects, but instead delete them without retrieving them.

Something like: session.execute('Delete from...')

And then maybe I wont get this error since we never "Iterate objects".