On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Eric Lemoine
<eric.lemo...@camptocamp.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My code basically does:
>
> ---
> engine = create_engine()
>
> table = Table('table', MetaData(), Column('id', Integer, primary_key=True))
> table.create(bind=engine)
>
> Session = scoped_session(sessionmaker(bind=engine))
> Session.execute(text('SELECT id from table'))
> ---
>
> The last statement blocks forever. It's like table.create created a
> transaction, and locked the table. Session.execute is blocked on this
> lock.
>
> I use Postgres. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here's the actual test case:

---
from sqlalchemy import Table, MetaData, Column, create_engine
from sqlalchemy import types, text

engine =
create_engine('postgresql://www-data:www-data@localhost:5432/c2cgeoportal_test')

table = Table('table_d', MetaData(),
              Column('id', types.Integer, primary_key=True)
              )
table.create(bind=engine)

from sqlalchemy.orm import sessionmaker
Session = sessionmaker(bind=engine)
Session().execute(text('SELECT id FROM table_d')) # blocks forever!

table.drop(bind=engine)

Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352