On Apr 9, 2012, at 8:34 PM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:

> In addition to fetchall() there are some fetchone() calls as well. I'm
> assuming in these cases I need to explicitly close the ResultProxy?

Well yes, if you only called fetchone(), there's no indication yet that there
aren't more rows available, and the ResultProxy keeps open both the cursor as
well as the ultimate DBAPI connection checked out, only releasing these
resources when the cursor is exhausted.

It's for this reason if you have a lot of one-row results, you can use
result.first() or result.scalar() which will close things out after returning
the single result.