As far as i can see, the 'mock' strategy isn't in the docs either, but
I found a thread [1] where it is mentioned as if it is supposed to be
public.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy/browse_thread/thread/dd2596febeff1728

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Stefan Urbanek
<stefan.urba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much, seems to work as I wanted.
>
> By the way, you are using executor=function in create_engine. I do not see it
> in the documentation [1]. Is it just missing in the docs or it is a private
> parameter?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefan
>
> [1]
> http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/engines.html#sqlalchemy.create_engine
>

> On 24.4.2012, at 9:50, Robert Forkel wrote:
>
>> what I do is using a custom engine like this:
>>

>>        out = StringIO()
>>        def dump(sql, *multiparams, **params):
>>            # make sure the mock engine appends ';' to the end of DDL
>> statements
>>            # so they can be pasted and run in sql developer!
>>            out.write(('%s' %
>> sql.compile(dialect=engine.dialect)).strip()+';\n/\n')
>>        engine = create_engine('oracle://', strategy='mock', executor=dump)
>>
>> regards
>> robert
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Stefan Urbanek
>> <stefan.urba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How can I get a string that is going to be executed without executing it?
>>>
>>> Example code:
>>>
>>> from sqlalchemy import create_engine, MetaData, Table, Column, Integer,
>>> String
>>>
>>> engine = create_engine("sqlite://")
>>> metadata = MetaData(engine)
>>>
>>> table = Table("foo", metadata)
>>> table.append_column(Column("id", Integer))