With Pyramid in particular you can use its code scanning feature to find
and load all modules with your modes without having to explicitly import
them. Code scanning is used in Pyramid to find @view_config decorators, but
you can use it for other purposes too.

http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.0-branch/narr/configuration.html#configuration-decorations-and-code-scanning