My problem scenario is analogous to the following. I have an Artist table
and an Album table. Each artist can have multiple albums with sales of each
album. The artist also has a total_sales column which is basically a
cumulative of album's sales for that artist. I tried reading about
attribute events and memoized property but I am unable to get it integrated
with my code.  I tried to achieve something like
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/sqlalchemy/o_KxuHwz4WQ.
But my lack of thorough understanding of decoraters and sqlalchemy is
proving to be a hindrance. My example code (heavily borrowed from resources
on internet and sqlalchemy group) is http://pastebin.com/vhRTcrWV
Just for information if at all it matters:n my actual code I am using
toscawidgets (inside turbogears) and dynamic forms for creating Albums
table's values and Artist's values on a single page.

PS: I hope it is not sounding like homework