On 08/13/2012 10:13 PM, Michael Bayer wrote:
we can keep turning the crank here, here's a full series of examples to make
this happen:

Thanks for the example, that's definitely something I'll need sooner or later, already implemented my own PostgreSQL POINT data type and was wondering how to use compile properly.

But I was also wondering how to bind variables into a query (using the sqlalchemy.orm.query.Query object on the session) without stuffing them in the string, for a quick and dirty solution. Query.params() to the rescue:

    rows = session.query(Model)\
                  .filter(text("array_column @> ARRAY[:element_value]"))\
                  .params(element_value='1234')

I suppose this is valid usage, I mean the query works as expected.

--

.oO V Oo.

Work Hard,
Increase Production,