I think at this point, the docs are simply making it worse for me. Is there
an example out there that is declarative and concise?

This is a really simple scenario involving a single "header" table, and
multiple (identical) "detail" tables, as in:

headertable

   1.   id int
   2.   namekey varchar

detail1

   1.   id integer
   2.   headerid integer, fk headertable.id
   3.   groupid integer
   4.   somevalue varchar

And so on, ad nauseum, detail2. . .detail*N*
*
*
Employees, engineers, and managers. . .Is.Not.Working for me. Is there
something better out there. . ? I can make it AbstractConcreteBase or
ConcreteBase, or whatever at this point, any direction in the way of best
practice or gotchas is appreciated too.

Thanks. . .