OK - cool.

I had looked at the first ORM tutorial, but I guess I had glossed over it, as
it was talking about session.query, and I believed I was looking for something
"lower level" than that for the direct table.select.  Obviously not. :-)  Makes
sense that it would all follow suit, but I was expecting to have to use lower
level constructs - I'm pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for your seemingly infinite patients!