Hi,

I extracted the code from a complex application and isolated the issue I'm
actually facing in a short sample here : https://gist.github.com/3499127

To summarize : I need a "parent" entity that has ordered "children". I use
for this a
 sqlalchemy.ext.orderinglist.ordering_list that is supposed to manage
transparently the "position" attribute of any child to keep a persistent
ordered list (line 20).

The real application logic "appends" or "inserts" the Child entities at the
appropriate position using the OrderingList canonical API.

So far so good, my app manages perfectly the children order (as in lines
57, 58) , but when "commiting" the changes, the last created child is moved
to the end of its parent OrderingList (lines 61-66), whatever's the
position where I inserted that child before commiting.

I don't know if I'm facicing an SQLAlchemy real issue or if I missed
something (sorry, I'm an SA noob). Googling around didn't yield valuable
information regarding this specific issue.

Any help would be really appreciated. Kind regards.
--
Gilles Lenfant