thanks - I use pyodbc 2.1.11 with sqlalchemy 0.7.3
would upgrading one of them (or both) help me solve this? I saw in
sqlalchemy 0.7.7 changlog :

[feature] Added interim create_engine flag
    supports_unicode_binds to PyODBC dialect,
    to force whether or not the dialect
    passes Python unicode literals to PyODBC
    or not.

*would using that solve my problem? how and where should I call that flag?*