Hi,
we are trying to migrate our old *Extension based SQLA code to new - event based. We also have class based properties that we want to keep. With old SQLA we have had to monkey-patch _as_declarative function to populate our properties. I wonder if it is possible to avoid doing it with events? The only close one we found is "mapper_configured", but I'm afraid it is executed too late. Anyway... I've prepared some short example code. If you could take a look and advise if/how it can be done...

To check out where is the problem change USE_EVENT value from True to False.
https://gist.github.com/3757273

Regards,
Tomasz Jezierski
Tefnet