this is ticket #2575, only applies to 0.7 and not 0.8, and will be fixed today.

In the meantime, please use the format that I gave you - a single, fixed event
listener on the Engine class, established at the module level.  The assertion
logic then subscribes a "listen" function inside a collection accessed by the
event listener.