On Oct 10, 2012, at 6:01 AM, Ladislav Lenart wrote:

> Hello Michael.
>
> Just a question. When I first posted about my problem of how to connect to
> MSSQL
> from Linux/Debian, you mentioned that you are running similar setup in
> production, or at least that is how I understood it. Am I correct? If so, is
> it
> similar to this:
> * Connect from Linux/Debian
> * To MSSQL
> * Via pyodbc
> * using freetds
> ?
>
> Are there some differences?

Production is CentOs but otherwise that's what we do, yup.  I also can run
unicode-aware tests against a SQL Server instance from a local fedora instance
as well as OSX.

I will note that we have stayed on FreeTDS 0.82 as opposed to 0.91.  I have
tested 0.91 on linux and we've repaired some issues for people using 0.91,
however from OSX there are 0.91 unicode issues I haven't been able to overcome.
   We've kept our CentOS production environment on 0.82 as well just because it
already works.