Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am just about only using the ORM (and I like it a lot), so I won't bother with all this.

Sorry for having wasted your time
Werner

On 20/10/2012 22:26, Michael Bayer wrote:
You can google around for better info on this, as I've not done Windows C
programming since the 90's, but the theme seems to be that you at least need to
have MS Visual C++ installed (or maybe not, found some other links).

this seems to be the definitive doc:

http://docs.python.org/extending/windows.html

then theres some here, including recipes using all free tools:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/101061/building-python-c-extension-modules-for-windows

The C extensions with SQLAlchemy aren't really very dramatic IMHO, while it's
not a bad thing for them to be running, and certain operations become much
faster, you're probably not going to see any miraculous speedups with them
enabled - especially if you're on the ORM there's a lot of other places that
time is taken up.