Wait. I mean that SA _already_ has implemented UNIQUEIDENTIFIER over here:
https://bitbucket.org/sqlalchemy/sqlalchemy/src/0c8e0b613da3b2bf6e965e1e5c15b6b3e540368a/lib/sqlalchemy/dialects/mssql/base.py?at=default#cl-478
I believe that thing should be responsible for valid
marshalling/unmarshalling of the stuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, could you please elaborate a bit concerning your
problems with UNIQUEID's? From my point of view, they appear to work pretty
much out of the box on pydobc+freetds, but have mentioned issue on pymssql.