On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 21:24:08 -0500, Michael Bayer wrote:
> there's a lot going on here, though an initial idea would be when mapping to
> a __table__ that is in fact a select(), make that select() in terms of a
> Table object, not the Inode mapped class.  The columns as accessed from the
> Inode class contain annotations that have special meaning when the ORM
> constructs queries.   Composing a select() out of Inode.__table__ directly
> will ensure none of these annotations are confusing the issue.

I've looked at the columns I use, and I get problem-free queries when
commenting out fs_id (no eager loading was involved, but the subquery is now
gone). I haven't been able to isolate the problem into a minimal test case (my
best attempt so far is at [1]), but first, is there some other way I could
define Volume.fs_id? I remember association_proxy had some limitations, it
can't be used in a query.

[1] https://github.com/g2p/bedup/tree/troubleshooting/comm1-minified