On Nov 28, 2012, at 12:09 PM, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> We are using it for a third reason:
> If highly concurrent reads are desired against the SQLite database, it is
> advised that the autoflush feature be disabled, and potentially even that
> autocommit be re-enabled, which has the effect of each SQL statement and
> flush committing changes immediately.

OK, I'd set this on the SQLite connection itself using the "autocommit" option:
http://docs.python.org/2/library/sqlite3.html#controlling-transactions
basically setting isolation_level=None.  You can do this in connect_args to
create_engine() or in a pool "on connect" event.   I'd keep the Session in
"autocommit=False", and still have the app run using "commit" as a signal that
"we're done with the work we're doing".   that doc should be improved.