Hi list -

SQLAlchemy 0.8.0b2 is released.   This is hopefully the last beta for 0.8, as
things have been mostly quiet surrounding 0.8.0b1, we had a few regressions
fixed, and a bunch of other new bugs whose fixes are only in 0.8.

There was a little bit of an additional refactor in this beta regarding the
mechanics of loader strategies and aliased() constructs, which is to allow
ever-more combinations of custom loader strategies in conjunction with
"polymorphic" loading, and hopefully the latest architecture in this area will
prove to be the most consistent yet.

Other changes include that the Postgresql HSTORE type has been merged into the
library, and there's also a handful of dialect fixes, notably several for
Oracle.    The Sybase dialect now supports schema reflection, and the new "fdb"
dialect for Firebird should be working now.

One thing to note here, is that I've put this release on Pypi.    I had done
this with 0.8.0b1, but then quickly pulled it off, as I had forgotten that
tools like pip and easy_install don't honor the "hidden" flag on pypi, so even
though I've kept 0.7.9 as the "visible" version, these tools still go out and
grab the "hidden" beta - some prominent projects immediately reported that they
got bumped up to 0.8 prematurely.

But the effect of only publishing 0.8.0b1 on Sourceforge was that I didn't get
the impression that we had so many people going out and testing the beta as we
normally do.  I was reminded by Chris McDonough that a project which really
can't afford to jump to 0.8 on an automatic basis should have a requirement set
up to keep them on 0.7.   So we'll see how it goes -if your project needs to
stay on 0.7, *please* set up a requirement for "SQLAlchemy < 0.8" in your
requirements.txt and/or install_requires.  Otherwise, you'll be a beta tester
for 0.8.0b2.

CHANGES for 0.8.0b2 are available in the documentation at:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/changelog/changelog_08.html#change-0.8.0b2

Download 0.8.0b2 at:

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/download.html