its probably some subtlety to the data that's already loaded and how the
collection is being mutated - it's unlikely Flask has anything to do with it.
There may or may not be some less-than-ideal or buggy behavior in association
proxy, or it might be a premature flushing issue, but if you can come up with
how to reproduce that would be very helpful.