On Jan 23, 2013, at 6:49 AM, Pau Tallada wrote:

> One final comment. With the contains_eager query, the instances that are part
> of the collection are retrieved from the database but not stored on the
> identity_map. Is that also the expected behaviour, isn't it?

I need to read your whole email more closely but on this point, that's not true
at all.  Every object that the Session loads from the database goes directly to
the identity map.    The identity map is weak referencing, so if no other
references remain to a particular object, it will disappear from the identity
map also, but that implies that object is not accessible anywhere else either.

Since it seems like you've been poking around, you might want to continue
poking around some more given that information until I have time to look at the
rest of your email.