On Jan 29, 2013, at 5:36 PM, jank wrote:

> I did a lot of progress. Fine tuning the dialect and the dialect specific
> requirements.py helped a lot.
>
> I am still not ready to provide a minimal test case for the auto_increment
> behavior. At the current stage I do not trust my dialect implementation.
>
> While completing this a question again regarding the use of the identifier
> 'data' in the test suite. This identifier is used in several tests. How and
> where did you changed it to correct quoting? I did a checkout via hg clone
> http://hg.sqlalchemy.org/sqlalchemy and did not find any quoting in the test
> suite. For now I have locally changed 'data' to 't_data' to get rid of a
> bunch of failing test cases.

this changeset removes the use of the column name "data" in a raw SQL statement:

http://hg.sqlalchemy.org/sqlalchemy/rev/fecb390572d8

all the rest of the places a column named "data" is used, it's specified as a
Column object which should quote properly when rendered.

> Another question. The database I am implementing does not support indexes. Do
> you have a good idea what an implementation of def visit_create_index(self,
> create) should look like? Will I have to add a new requirement to the
> requirements.py to indicate non-existence of indexes?

I think for the moment have it raise NotImplementedError(), and then yes we'd
need to add "indexes" to the base requirements.py as something that might not
be supported.