On 02/01/2013 11:10 AM, Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 1:06 PM, ru...@yahoo.com <mailto:ru...@yahoo.com>
> <ru...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I am working from Copeland's Sqlalchemy book

> > please do not use this book.  It is many years out of date, and was> in
> > fact already outdated the day it was published as we were up to> 0.4 by
> > then.> > The official documentation for SQLAlchemy is the only source that
> > is> at all accurate today, and is at: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org

OK, I figured that.  But in defence of the book I have to
say that I find the Sqlalchemy docs pretty hard to understand
and the book made clear to me some basic concepts that I
simply didn't get from the docs.  Like the fact that I could
create a mapped object simply with

  class User: pass

rather than explicitly specifying all the attributes.  Without
that I wouldn't even be trying to use sqlalchemy today.

It is obvious in looking at the docs that a **lot** of effort
has gone into them, and that you consider good documentation
to be a very high priority.  (Thanks!!)  I am finding that as
I learn more about sqlalchemy, they are starting to become
more understandable, but they seem pretty opaque to me when
getting started.

>> Nor did I find any info about logging in the Sqlalchemy docs >> (0.8.0b2).

> > logging is fully described here:> >
> > http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/core/engines.html#configuring-logging

Thanks.  Since logging applies to other parts of Sqlalchemy besides
the engine, would it be better if this were in it own section?  Even
if not, I think it would help if logging had a link in the table of
contents page (http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_0_8/)