Hi,
I am quite new to sqlalchemy. I am trying to implement a many-to-one
relationship between classes in different modules. I was able to get this to
work when classes are inside the same module however when I put the classes in
different modules I get import errors. I made sure I used strings while
referring to the keys. I was wondering if someone can give me some advice.
lattice_definition.py:

from sqlalchemy.orm import sessionmaker, relationship

from setuptools.tests.test_resources import Metadata

from sqlalchemy.orm import relationship,backref

from sqlalchemy import ForeignKey

from sqlalchemy.schema import PrimaryKeyConstraint

from Irmis.model_definition import model

class lattice(Base):

    __tablename__='lattice'

    lattice_id= Column(Integer, primary_key=True)

    machine_mode_id=Column(Integer,ForeignKey('machine_mode.machine_mode_id'))

model_geometry_id=Column(Integer,ForeignKey('model_geometry.model_geometry_id'))

    model_line_id=Column(Integer,ForeignKey('model_line.model_line_id'))

    gold_lattices=relationship("gold_lattice")

    elements=relationship("element")

model_definition.py:

from sqlalchemy.orm import relationship,backref

from sqlalchemy import ForeignKey

from sqlalchemy.schema import PrimaryKeyConstraint

from Irmis.lattice_definition import Base

from Irmis.lattice_definition import lattice

class model(Base):

    __tablename__='model'

    model_id=Column(Integer,primary_key=True)

    lattice_id=Column(Integer,ForeignKey("lattice.lattice_id"))

Thanks,

--Arman