On Mar 14, 2013, at 3:40 AM, Julien Cigar <jci...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Stupid question on events:
>
> If I have event.listen(Folder.default_order, 'set',
> validate_default_order_listener), is the listener supposed to be recursively
> called if I'm doing something like Folder.default_order = [ ... ] in my
> listener function?
>
> Should I use retval=True and return the new value if I want to modify
> Folder.default_order in my listener function (something like
> Folder.default_order = mynewlist)?

if you have a list attribute, the "set" event isn't used, it uses the "append"
event, even if you assign a collection to it like that.   Those items that are
effectively removed will be emitted through the "remove" event.

using retval=True will allow you to change items on a per-item basis, but it
doesn't work at the level of the whole list.