Hi!

I've got to unite two tables  preserving some of their columns as distinct,
so to comply with the "same number, same type" requirement of the UNION
operator I use placeholder values, like this:

SELECT united.customer_id,

       united.document_id,

       SUM(united.debt_moved) AS debt_moved,

       SUM(united.debt_total) AS debt_total,

       SUM(debt_total - debt_moved) AS delta

FROM

  (SELECT debt.customer_id,

          debt.document_id,

          debt.debt AS debt_total,

          0.00 AS debt_moved --placeholder value

   FROM debt

   UNION ALL SELECT debt_movement.customer_id,

                    debt_movement.document_id,

                    debt_movement.debt AS debt_moved,

                    0.00 AS debt_total -- placeholder value

   FROM debt_movement

   WHERE debt_movement.date_time>'04/03/2013' ) AS united

GROUP BY customer_id,

         document_id

But I found no obvious way to do that in SA. Any thoughts? Thanks!