On Friday, 18 February 2011 08:14:28 UTC-8, Michael Bayer wrote:

> we've put tickets on their tracker to this effect, that they should be
> more liberal about considering when "the transaction" begins.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pysqlite/issues/detail?id=21
>
> pysqlite is tricky since I dont know if the Python.org tracker or the
> code.google.com tracker is more appropriate.     In any case it doesn't
> seem like a lot is being done.

In case anyone else needs this...

A patch was submitted for the bundled sqlite3 module
in http://bugs.python.org/issue10740 and for pysqlite
at https://code.google.com/p/pysqlite/issues/detail?id=24 adding an
optional `operation_needs_transaction_callback` to the connection.

I've added this to my pysqlite-static-env branch along with instructions to
set this up for sqlalchemy
here: https://code.google.com/p/pysqlite-static-env/

Laurence