I have an applicationusing SA that I distributein "compiled" form, using py2exe. This has been working well, but I recently ran into a problem. I do a create_engine with the string "mssql+pyodbc://%(UserName)s:%(Password)s@%(DSN)s" (the parameters are filled in using a "%" operator).

This works without a problem when I run the source code. However, when I freeze it, I get "ArgumentError: Could not determine dialect for 'mssql+pyodbc'." (Running on the same machine, with the same environment.)

In case it might be relevant: I've recently moved my development from a Windows XP machine to a Windows 7 environment on a 64-bit machine. However, I'm using 32-bit Python, and generating 32-bit executables.

--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology