If the query does not have a table in it we don't get the tables.
For example, the following simple query gets a list of connection_strings
column from the Connection table:

aa = session.query(Connection.connection_string)
aa.column_descriptions

[{'aliased': False,
  'expr': <sqlalchemy.orm.attributes.InstrumentedAttribute at 0x10eb7f590>,
  'name': 'connection_string',
  'type': String(length=100)}]

Exploring into the expr I am not sure how to get the table from that.