I've got a many to many relationship with the association table. The issue
I am running into is that a given pesticide entry may have a pest or pests
already in the pest table. I don't want to add the pest since it will be a
duplicate, however I still want the association of that pest to the
pesticide done.

I've looked at the Unique Object wiki, however I am not sure that solves my
issue. Is there a way that SQLAlchemy can handle this, or do I need to
manually build the entries in the PestToPesticide association table?

Thanks!

Dan

PestToPesticide = Table('pest_to_pesticide', Base.metadata,
                          Column('pesticide_id', Integer,
ForeignKey('pesticide.row_id')),
                          Column('pest_id', Integer,
ForeignKey('pest.row_id'))
                          )
class Pesticide(Base):
  __tablename__ = 'pesticide'
  row_id                 =
Column(Integer,primary_key=True)
  name                   =  Column(String(64), unique=True)

  pestList                  =relationship("Pest",
secondary=PestToPesticide, backref="pesticide")

class Pest(object):
  row_id                 =
Column(Integer,primary_key=True)
  name                   = Column(String(), unique=True)