Read the source:

def all(self):
    """Return the results represented by this ``Query`` as a list.

    This results in an execution of the underlying query.

    """
    return list(self)

it means that this method collects everything it needs and it is yielded by
the generator.
If you returns the query for a variable, you can perform a next(variable).

2013/4/26 alonn <alonis...@gmail.com>

> so not to load too much into memory I should do something like:
>
> for i in session.query(someobject).filter(id>something)
>     print i
>
> I'm guessing the answer is no, because of the nature of sql, but I'm not
> an expert so I'm asking.
>
> Thanks for the help!

*Mauricio de Abreu Antunes*
Mobile: (51)930-74-525