On 05/14/2013 16:09, Michael Bayer wrote:
EAVs have a definite place and with judicious use they are extremely useful.

just curious: could you give an example where EAV is useful ?

On May 14, 2013, at 4:37 AM, Julien Cigar <jci...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 05/14/2013 02:22, Lycovian wrote:
A few months ago I watched a video conference where Mike demo'd some
optimizations for SQLAlchemy when using EAV schemas.  Does anyone know if these
optimizations will make it into the product that we have access to?  I'm about
to start a large EAV based project with SA and I was curious.

please don't ... EAV is evil and has tons of disadvantages. I don't know about
your database, but in PostgreSQL you have HSTORE and JSON which could often be
used to replace EAV

Mike