Hello
In my program, I was trying to guess why so many SQL queries were sent
while some could have been avoided with the help of the identity map.
So, I reduced my program to what is below and wrote 3 times the same
query.get call and 3 SQL queries were sent to the database server.
Why does SQLAlchemy send 3 times the SQL while it could have done it only 1
time for the first call and use the identity map for the 2 last calls?

from sqlalchemy import *
from sqlalchemy.orm import *
Base = declarative_base()

_descriptiontype_table = Table('descriptiontype', Base.metadata,
        Column('id', Integer, primary_key=True),
        Column('refno', Integer),
        Column('sortindex', Integer),
        Column('designation', String),
        schema='botany'
    )

class Descriptiontype(Base):
    __table__ = _descriptiontype_table

if __name__ == '__main__':

    engine = create_engine('postgresql://user@localhost:5432/mydatabase')
    Session = sessionmaker(bind=engine)
    session = Session()

    session.query(Descriptiontype).get(-2147483648)