Hi,

I've just implemented support for scalar collections for Spyne. (In Spyne terms that's sql serialization of an array of primitives). Seems to be working fine so far.

The question is: Is the association proxy the only (read/write) way of doing this? It requires the child table to be mapped, which requires the child table to have a primary key, which is sometimes completely useless. I also have to create another implicit attribute so that the association proxy can fetch the value off of it.

Here's the relevant bit:

https://github.com/plq/spyne/blob/master/spyne/util/sqlalchemy.py#L563

Here's its test:

https://github.com/plq/spyne/blob/master/spyne/test/test_sqlalchemy.py#L917

Setting both columns as primary keys breaks the test:

https://gist.github.com/plq/5630698#file-spyne-patch

column_property is read-only, so I can't use it.

Any suggestions?

Another question, instead of deleting, it seems to be updating foreign keys to null and re-inserting data. Why not just delete the old values?

Best regards,
Burak