On Jun 4, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Ladislav Lenart <lenart...@volny.cz> wrote:

>> Absolutely, you should do whatever you have to in order to get the range
>> you want, in fact the recipe even says this...
>
> Ok. What I want to do is basically the following:
> * Suppose a complex query q with join(...), filter(...) and options(...).
> * I need to create q2 from q such that:
>  * It has no options.
>    * Can I reset the options with q = q.options(None)?
>  * It has select with the over by magic taken from WindowedRangeQuery recipe.
>    * I know I can use with_entities() for this.
> * I will use q2 to obtain the window ranges.
> * I will iterate over the window ranges and apply each to the original q and
> execute it in a loop.
>
> Can this strategy work?

there's not a publicly supported feature to "reset" the options right now so
you'd probably need to apply them after you get your window ranging query.
You can probably remove the effect of eager loaders if you were to just assign
a blank _attributes dictionary to the new query though (just no long term
guarantees).

other than that, I use the windowing concept extensively and it works very well.