hello michael,

as usually, you were faster than me to answer.

after reviewing my surrounding code to fix additional bugs there,
i've just found the answer:

a bytearray is needed as sql param. i've built the buffer from an image with
BytesIO.

im = Images.new()
image = BytesIO()
im.save(image)
buffer = image.getvalue()
param = dict(picture=bytearray(buffer)

thanks a lot for your consideration :)

alex

there was no need to use pyodbc.Binary, since it has the very same effect.