Hi Michael,

On 22/06/2013 16:39, Michael Bayer wrote:
    def do_rollback(self, dbapi_connection):
        # Use the retaining feature, that keeps the transaction going
        dbapi_connection.rollback(True)

    def do_commit(self, dbapi_connection):
        # Use the retaining feature, that keeps the transaction going
        dbapi_connection.commit(True)

other users have urged me that this boolean is very necessary.
Do you recall who pushed for this - did a quick search in the archive of this list but didn't find it.

http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/papers_presentations/html/paper-fbent-impacting.html

Do you want me to post a question on this on the FB list and see what current thinking/know how is?

Why does Firebird have to be so ridiculously weird (and why do you all use it?)

I still use as I had no time to move to PostGreSQL and chose it at the time as it is good fit for small desktop application due to its embedded engine and years ago PG didn't have a Windows build.

Werner