On Jun 26, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Pelle Almquist <pe...@wrapp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> not sure if I should post this issue here or if its a mysql-python one but
> perhaps someone with better knowledge can help me figure that out?
> A more pretty print version of this issue is available here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17315422/unable-to-store-datetime-datetime-max-using-sqlalchemy-0-8-1-with-the-mysql-pyt
>
> I've noticed a change in behavior for storing datetime.datetime.max via
> `SQLAlchemy==SQLAlchemy==0.8.1` and going from `mysql-python==1.2.3` to
> `mysql-python==1.2.4`. By only changing the driver from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 I go
> from being able to store to being unable to store it.
>
> Where do I turn to for help in this matter? SQLAlchemy or mysql-python? Is
> this expected behaviour or a bug or do I have a bad setup? I fear that a
> change like this will break a lot of systems out there.

Well it seems like MySQL-python doesn't like trying to store a date with the
year 9999 here, it probably changed something about how it renders dates.  So
yeah you'd need to take it up with Python-MySQL.

I would note that there are some good alternatives to MySQL-Python on the scene
now, there's OurSQL, PyMySQL, and MySQL-connector-python seems to be working
decently now, in case that helps.