Hi,

I'm currently running several python applications (each app using
sqlalchemy) accessing (read/write) a single SQLite database stored on disk.

For performance reasons, I would like to store this db file in RAM memory
(ie, in my /dev/shm)

The applications would then access a shared in-memory db through SQLAlchemy
and a backup application would periodically make a hot copy of the
in-memory db to disk. Then, on a [power off, power on] sequence, this
backup app would copy the backed up db file from disk to RAM before
launching the other apps.

Before starting, I would like to know if you think it is feaseable. My
questions are:
   1- Has SQLALchemy an API to do a hot copy? (based on
http://sqlite.org/backup.html for this particular db type)
   2- If so, is this an actual hot copy, ie: the other apps will still run
without waiting for the backup app to finish he backup?
   3- Is there a particular configuration in SQLAlchemy that enables
sharing an in-momory db from different apps (python processes)?

Thanks a lot for your feedback,

Pierre